Gresham up for Rookie of Week

Posted by bengalsweb on November 17, 2010 – 9:59 am

Gresham

Bengals tight end Jermaine Gresham is a nominee for the Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week for his nine catches, 85 yards and TD last Sunday against the Colts. Please vote for Jermaine here.

Tags: ,

7 Responses to “Gresham up for Rookie of Week”

1. By 34inXXIII on Nov 17, 2010 | Reply

Hopefully not the last such nomination this season. I can only imagine the kind of attention he would be garnering if he were given the chance to stretch the field more often and take advantage of the extra attention paid to the old vets on the outside like he did on the TD catch Sunday.

No doubt that his late fumble hurt while to fight for an extra yard or two against gang tackling with precious time ticking off the clock, but I admire the effort – effort I wish I saw more often out of some others on the roster. He should learn from this, however, and adapt to the situation going forward through what I hope to be a lengthy career with this franchise.

2. By jamesbz on Nov 17, 2010 | Reply

I feel this nomination is neither wanted by Jermaine, nor is it particularly helpful, team-wise. The Indy game is best put behind everybody. It’s a also a little weird that a player who coughed up such a key fumble would be nominated for any kind of award, even if it is only a weekly one. Jermaine Gresham has a tremendous upside, we all can’t wait to see him in the next game and let’s leave it at that.

3. By mwindle1973 on Nov 17, 2010 | Reply

Definitely not a 1st round bust with thi guy. I’m amazed how physical he is. He blocks so much better than advertised at the time of the draft. Big bright spot in the future of the Bengals. Hopefully he will win tthe award this week.

Agreed that we need to go to him more. I can deal with rookie’s fumbling the ball in that situation. He’ll learn to just go down in the future.

4. By mwindle1973 on Nov 19, 2010 | Reply

Here’s a good suggestion for the NFL. Get rid of the blackout rule. It doesn’t help and it just makes fans angry.

Don’t get me wrong I understand that televising games live gives motivation to not buy tickets and go to the game. But they aren’t going to stop televising games live right? So why black them out?

Here’s my theory. If someone is motivated to watch it on TV instead of going to the game simply because it is available. Will they really be motivated to go to the game just because it is not televised? Won’t a good number of fans not even have the financial means by which to have a choice in the first place?

In other words, how many more tickets will be sold now that the blackout is official? And solely because the blackout will happen?

It hurts the local affiliates, the team, and ultimately the NFL not to televise all games in there local regions. RIght now with the team at 2-7 and viewers unable to watch the game live, how many people might just tune out for the rest of the season at this point and not watch anymore games? Not every fan is a die hard. Some are ready to give up for the season anyway, and with good reason.

Missing a game is like missing an episode in a series. If you love the series, no problem, you’ll be back next week. But if you’ve been getting kind of tired of the series, and it hasn’t been satisfying as of late. And if you miss one episode, maybe the next week you don’t tune in either. Or the week after that, and so on.

5. By mwindle1973 on Nov 20, 2010 | Reply

Speaking of Thursday’s game. Thanksgivin day on the NFL Today at 12:00 there will be a special segment on Chris ‘Slim’ Henry. James Brown will focus on his story and how after his death his usable organs were donated to medicine. And how it has impacted the families that received the gift(s) of life from that choice.

I’m going to set my DVR so I don’t miss it. Amazes how much the sadness over his death still resonates almost a year later. I’ll forever remeber Mike Brown’s words the day after. That he (Henry) was cut down running to daylight. I think that statement about best sums up what happened and why it was so hard to accept.

6. By looking4sb1 on Nov 21, 2010 | Reply

Agree with Windle!!!

7. By tepidfan31 on Nov 21, 2010 | Reply

Interesting aside: Read the Buffalo newspaper today, where in an article about the Bengals they said that the reason Marving did not sign a new contract after last year was that he wanted certain changes as to the operations of the team, which were not granted by our loveable Mike. Doesn’t surprise me, and it is proof again that he is and will always be the ring master.